Those characters don't quite express my frustration to its full extent, but I'm sure you get the picture.
Anyway, I tried to use the seam ripper to take apart the seams but the fabric is very prone to fraying and the tension on the sewing machine is at a pretty tight setting making it difficult to not slice the fabric while trying to rip the seams. Pretty much the fabric was no good, so I decided to move on to my newly formed Plan B.
I'll break it down for you. Plan B required me to check to see if I had just enough fabric left so that I could cut out pattern pieces to replace the ones that were just ruined. Oh, I forgot to mention that at this point I had only one side of the cozy left to sew together. So, here I was with one original piece left and feeling rather desperate placing the pattern over the remaining fabric and hoping that I wouldn't have to go out to buy more.
Luckily, I literally had just enough left. I cut out the pieces and so far I have basted one side. Considering this incredible learning experience, I will finish sewing another day when I have time to get it right. Well, my fingers are crossed that I don't mess it up cause that would just be sad.